Cristiano Ronaldo receives European Golden Shoe

Sponsored

 

Real Madrid superstar takes a hattrick of Golden Shoe to fill his trophy cabinet.

Cristiano Ronaldo was awarded Golden Shoe for 2013-14 season in which he scored 31 in 27 league games and tie with Luis Suarez.

'LFP Player of the Year' Cristiano Ronaldo has won European Golden Shoe in his glittering career after he previously won it in 2007-08 season and 2010-11 season. The previous three awards was for Lionel Messi but this time the Portugese and Luis Suarez pipped the Argentine for award.

Cristiano also revealed his admiration for Di Stefano and wants to become best player in the world." Everybody believes I am Alfredo and its a honor to compare me with such a great player".


"My opinion is to become the best player. If I retire, I want to know whether I am among the best players. I'll be there and I am certain for it and achieve them".


When asked about his team and teammates, he said in this way:


"I am happy that they are here. It would have been better had Bale, Ramos and Iker been here. If I had invited them, they would have come. This is important because it can happen only with a good team".


"Everyone believes we are the best club, but if we don't win, we are not the best side in history. If we create more chances and have more balls, we can win. And we will go for the treble".

When asked about Blatter's comments on Ronaldo winning Balon d'Or, Ronaldo said that he isn't bothered even if doesn't win.


"I don't want to get into that because the Ballon d'Or will be awarded in January and everything is going well and I'm scoring a few goals. The best place to answer is on the pitch: to those who make opinions about football and those in charge.


"Nothing surprises in the past 6-8 years.I'd like to win athird, but I am not obessed with that".  


Sponsored
Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.
artist photos